Monday, April 13, 2009

I must update more often.

Ok,  let's see if I can get in a better blogging groove.    The weather here is still not great.  Cold, rainy, typical Chicago in spring time weather.  I'm dying to get outside.   Hopefully Sunday will be good because I have a 10K race to do.  

I had a good week of training.  I did 6 miles for my long run on Saturday.  It feels good to get up in the mileage again.   I was tired though.   My legs were tired from climbing stairs.   Stairs?  Yep, stairs at an indoor waterpark.   Dave and I went to Key Lime Cove in Gurnee, IL on Thursday night.   We had a blast.    The slides were pretty cool.  We went up and down several times.  My legs were screaming!   It's tough on my feet to walk barefoot on concrete especially climbing stairs!   The park was fun and we had a nice getaway.   

2 comments:

  1. What's the 10K race you're doing on Sunday?

    We too have one of those indoor water parks here. It is a nice getaway, but depending on how hard you play you can get pretty beat up. Good job getting a run in the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the "Miles for Smiles" 10k in Lake Bluff, IL. I'm guessing it will be pretty small.

    ReplyDelete