Friday, December 18, 2009

Cold weather training stinks!

I made it through my first 10 mile and 20 mile back to back runs. I did the 10 mile outside and got frostbite. I was pretty miserable. The next day was supposed to be even colder so I decided to do it on the treadmill. 20 miles. Oh my. I was on the treadmill for 4 and a half hours! That is just not right! I actually felt fine physically. I could have gone longer. Mentally it was draining. The weather has been horrible. I haven't been outside since the 10 miler. All my training has been on the dreadmill.

Now we are leaving town again to head east to visit our families for Christmas. I have my last big back to back this weekend. Another 10 miler and 20 miler. It is much hillier in PA and NY so I'm a bit nervous. Also a big snowstorm is coming. I don't have a treadmill there so this could be interesting!

I can't believe it's only three weeks until the races. It is so close now. I can't wait.

For now,

Adding to the Adventure Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment