Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Almost time for Disney!!

Yes,  it is almost time for Disney!   Not the Goofy Disney.  Just a regular old vacation.  We leave Thursday night and we'll be there through the 17th!   Can't wait.   I'll try and do some blog posts while there and keep you updated.

I've had some good runs lately.  All inside due to allergies.  I had a nice 7 mile run on Saturday.    I joined Team Allears for the Goofy Challenge.   Allears.net is a great resource for Disney if you are not familiar with the site you should definitely check it out.   The founder, Deb Wills is a breast cancer survivor.   Team Allears was formed to help everyone stay motivated with the training and also to raise money for breast cancer research.    This should be a great motivator to help me get my runs in.   I have a good idea to raise money and I'll post it after I get back from vacation.  That's when the real training starts!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good to see that you're finding ways to get your mileage in! I was worried that your allergies would derail your training.

    I looked at Team Allears. It seems like a great group. Best of luck with it. I'm very interested in what they do as a team to encourage each other. Please keep me posted. You should have fun!

    Awesome news regarding your upcoming trip to the World. Just a couple days away? Exciting! And by the way, there is no such thing as a regular old vacation at WDW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your trip is fun, I have alergy problems too, but they may not be as severe as yours, but a Zyrtec D a day really helps me and never slows me down, you can get the generic at walgreens for about half the price. Enjoy your trip, and your runs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nick for checking in! I do take Singulair and Zaditor for the eyes. Zyrtec makes me sleepy but I heard it is great. I really need to go to the shots but I'm a chicken. Every spring I say I will do it but then chicken out in October when you need to start them.

    ReplyDelete