Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back on track

I got my 4 miles in on Saturday.    I was very sore afterward.   But it is a good sore!    Back at it again on Monday for 3 more miles and hit Snap this morning for my strength routine.   

So why am I doing this crazy Goofy thing.    I started running back in 2005.   I signed up for the 2005 Chicago Marathon before I had done any other races.   Sure I ran cross country in high school but I can honestly say that I never liked running.   When my best friend from high school found out I did a marathon she was shocked.  She would always drag me to go on runs to be ready for the meets.    I never thought I would run a marathon.   I raced bikes in college and loved that.   Unfortunately after college I fell out of the workout routine.  I married my wonderful husband and fell into an easy routine of eating too much and having too much fun. Both are fine but you have to still workout!!!  So the marathon seemed like a good goal.   I am goal oriented and task oriented.  If you tell me to run a certain distance on a certain day then I'll do it!    I used Hal Higdon's Spring training program and then his Novice Marathon program.  30 weeks total.     I finished the Chicago Marathon in 6:06:15 and swore I would never do that again!

This is getting pretty long so stay tuned for more fun with marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment