Monday, July 6, 2009

A 5k on the 4th

Had  a busy 4th of July weekend.    Spent Friday boating and having fun at Blarney Island.  Then up early on the 4th for the Run for Freedom in Antioch.   I talked some friends into coming with and Dave even walked it!  Way to go everyone.  I was pleased with  my time: 34:34.   Much faster than last years 38:00.  I'm glad to know that I am getting fitter.   Sunday was a 10 mile run on very dead legs.   I muddled through it.   I bonked toward the end,  totally empty.  Needed another gel or something on the run.

Speaking of gels I've been very pleased with the Hammer Gels I ordered.   I heard about them during an interview with the owner of Hammer on the Run to Disney Podcast.    The guy had some great things to say and they made sense.  These are the first gels I have been able to stomach and they work great.   I had one about 10 minutes before my 5k and I'm sure that helped me improve my time.  

Spent the rest of the day yesterday just lounging around outside.   A nice relaxing afternoon and evening.  Dave made awesome ribs for dinner, his best yet!   

Less than 4 weeks until the Half! 

No comments:

Post a Comment