Sunday, March 29, 2009

Major Bummer!!!

I've been having some really great runs lately.   I've been feeling great.  The strength training at Snap Fitness has been going well.    I was really excited for the Shamrock Shuffle 8K today.   Unfortunately mother nature had other plans.  We got dumped on with about 6 inches of snow overnight and the major snow was just hitting Chicago right when we needed to drive the 50 miles to the race.   I of course said we could make it.  We got in the car and made it about 5 miles before I realized that this was really stupid.   The roads were not plowed.  Cars were spinning out. I gave it up and we came home.    I'm ticked.   Oh well.   There will be other races.    Next up is a 10K on April 19th and another 10K on the 27th.    Hopefully the snow will be gone by then!!!   Chicago sucks!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete